Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Refinement


Been thinking about certain things lately and today is refinement...a lesson I pray some embrace sooner than later:::Family and friends: PLEASE dont let your OLD baggage crowd your life so much that it crowds out the most important things or more importantly PEOPLE. It is OKAY to learn new things and it's OKAY to change if the change is to become better and more refined.

What does it mean to be refined per definition of a silversmith:
In refining gold and silver one needs to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were the hottest so as to burn away all of the impurities.

Malachi 3:3 "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver."

Think about that in this last part:
The silversmith has to sit and hold the silver in the fire but they also have to keep their eyes on it. Why you may ask??? If the silver is left for a moment to long in the fire it can be destroyed!!!

When is silver ready???
According to a silversmith: "When I am able to see my image in the silver!"


Zechariah 13:9 (Gods Word Translation)"I will bring this third [of the people] through the fire. I will refine them as silver is refined. I will test them as gold is tested. They will call on me, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are my people.' They will reply, 'The LORD is our God.'"

 Allow yourself to be refined by the Master Refiner.
(Note::In this illustration the silversmith or the one holding the silver is God.)

No comments:

Post a Comment